Apr 12, 2023
- 1 Baguette, cut into 4, split lengthways.
- Softened butter, for spreading.
- 1 cup of arugula.
- 10 pieces of saucisson sec, folded in half.
- 6 to 8 grape or cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced.
- 8 to10 Cornichons, thinly sliced.
- Dijon mustard.
- Spread bread generously with butter, then Dijon mustard.
- Top with arugula, saucisson, tomato and cornichons.
- Season to taste and serve with extra cornichons.
Jambon-beurre, is a perfect option for a quick and easy lunch or snack. For a twist on the traditional recipe, consider experimenting with different types of cured meats or adding a few slices of cheese to the mix. You could also try using different types of bread, such as a rustic sourdough or a hearty whole grain loaf. And for a bit of extra crunch, try topping the sandwich with some crispy bacon or fried onions. Whatever variations you choose, this saucisson sandwich is sure to satisfy your hunger and transport you to the streets of Paris.