Apr 29, 2022
Savory Brunch Crepes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1/8 cup vegetable oil
- 1 Jambon De Paris Packet
- 8 ounces shredded sharp cheddar or Swiss cheese
- Rillette De Canard Spread
- Whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, eggs, and milk.
- Gradually pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, whisking until a smooth batter forms.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let set in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Oil or butter a flat skillet on medium high heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup batter into middle of the pan. Immediately tilt the pan and quickly swirl the batter to evenly coat the entire bottom of the pan with a thin layer.
- Cook without moving the pan, until the edges are dry and start to brown.
- Loosen the edges of the crepe from the sides of the pan with a silicone spatula and flip.
- Add 2 pieces of Jambon De Paris on half of the crepe, and sprinkle 1 ounce of the cheese on top of the ham.
- Using a spatula, fold the remaining exposed half over the ham and cheese, and gently press down. Fold over again to create a quarter fold, and gently press down.
- Cook for an additional minute on one side, then flip over and cook for another minute to get a golden-brown crust on both sides. Remove from the pan and place on a serving plate.
- Use a paper towel to wipe and clean the pan and repeat for desired amount of crepes.
- Spread our Rillette onto a finished crispy crepe. (Add the sautéed onions and bell peppers if desired)