MOUSSE TRUFFÉE TARTINE
- FOR THE COMPOUND BROWN BUTTER
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/ 4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- FOR THE TARTINE
- 1 French baguette, thinly sliced on a bias to ½ inch
- 1 cup compound brown butter
- 1 (4-ounce) package Three Little Pigs Organic Mousse Truffee
- Grated lemon zest, for garnish
- Thinly sliced chives, for garnish
- Quick pickled shallots, for garnish, optional
FOR THE COMPOUND BROWN BUTTER
In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until brown and nutty in aroma, 6-8 minutes. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
Stir in the rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and garlic. Let cool then transfer to an airtight container and chill until firm. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 6 months.
FOR THE TARTINE
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread 1 teaspoon of compound butter on to each slice of the french baguette. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Spread 1-2 teaspoons of Three Little Pigs Organic Mousse Truffee on each slice of toast and garnish with lemon zest, chives and quick pickled shallots.