Main / Charcuterie
French Grilled Cheese with Jambon Sec
Makes 1 Sandwich
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Three Little Pigs Moutarde de Dijon
- 1/2 cup coarsely grated Gruyere cheese
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 2 slices Three Little Pigs Jambon Sec
- 1 teaspoon honey
1. Place the bread on a cutting board and spread the mayonnaise on both sides of each slice.
2. On one slice, spread the Dijon, then top with the Gruyere, thyme, jambon sec and honey.
3. Place the other slice of mayo-coated bread on top.
4. Place the sandwich in a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat and cook, occasionally pressing firmly with a spatula to smash, until golden on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
5. Flip and continue to cook until the other side is golden and the cheese is completely melted, about 2 minutes more.
6. Transfer to a cutting board, slice and serve.
Enjoy with an arugula salad or a bowl of tomato soup!