DUCK CONFIT HASH
- 3 tablespoons duck fat
- 1 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 1 1/ 2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 legs Three Little Pigs Duck Leg Confit
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3-4 large eggs
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- STEP 1
Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- STEP 2
In a large cast-iron skillet, heat the duck fat over medium-high heat. Add the shallot and garlic and cook until softened and lightly caramelized, 3-4 minutes. Add in the potatoes, vinegar, and 1/4 cup water. Cook, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated and the potatoes begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- STEP 3
Stir in the rosemary and duck confit, then season with salt and pepper. Roast, stirring halfway through, for 30-35 minutes, until the potatoes are tender and golden.
- STEP 4
Remove from the oven and make 3-4 wells. Crack an egg into each and season with salt and pepper. Return to the oven for about 3 minutes, until the whites are just set.
- STEP 5
Garnish with parsley and serve.
Brunch is served with this beautiful Duck Confit Hash! Soft potatoes, Three Little Pigs Duck Leg Confit, and unctuous eggs make up this delicious breakfast or brunch meal.