Mousses / Hors d'oeuvres
Mousse Truffée Tartines
with Mousse Truffée 5.5 oz - Pork & Chicken Liver Mousse with Truffles
Thin, crispy toasts are topped with a luscious, nutty brown butter and finished with Three Little Pigs Organic Mousse Truffee. Add a sprinle of chives, lemon zest and quick pickled shallots for the perfect appetizer! Recipe courtesy of Jake Cohen via The Feedfeed.com.
1 package Mousse Truffée 5.5 oz
COMPOUND BROWN BUTTER INGREDIENTS
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 1 French baguette, thinly sliced
- on a bias to ½ inch
- 1 cup compound brown butter
- 1 (4-ounce) package Three Little
- Pigs Organic Mousse Truffee
- Grated lemon zest, for garnish
- Thinly sliced chives, for garnish
- Quick pickled shallots, for garnish, optional
COMPOUND BROWN BUTTER DIRECTIONS
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Cook, whisking constantly, until brown and nutty in aroma, 6-8 minutes.
- Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Stir in the rosemary, thyme, lemon zest, salt, pepper, and garlic.
- Let cool then transfer to an airtight container and chill until firm.
COMPOUND TARTINE DIRECTIONS
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
Spread 1 teaspoon of compound butter on to each slice of the french baguette. Toast in the oven until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Spread 1-2 teaspoons of Three Little Pigs Organic Mousse Truffee on each slice of toast and garnish with lemon zest, chives and quick pickled shallots.